Friday 22 January 2010

Friday 22nd January


It's so good to hear song thrushes singing in the early morning. It's been a bit hit and miss with them since we had all the snow and cold weather. The snowdrops and aconites are on the way and the daffodils are showing now.

So little is going on in my garden, mainly due to the appaling weather that we've been experiencing since before Christmas. I've still to finish putting the wood treatment on my recently erected trellis. Being outside has been an unpleasant experience but I am hopeful of some more mild days over the next few weeks so I can finish the task.

Then comes the much more interesting job of choosing the new climbers to adorn the new trellis. I am hoping my winter flowering clematis has survived the 'savage surgery' and will sprout new life soon.

The iris danfordii are showing well in the pots and will sonn be out together with the reticulata

1 comment:

  1. Hey Faversham Man!
    When can we expect another post?
    Can't wait to hear what else has come out!

    ReplyDelete