Tuesday 5 January 2010

Still very cold.


Last night the temperature went down to -4c which is the one of the coldest nights in my garden that I can remember. With the proximety of the sea and the nature of my completely walled garden keeps the temperature a degree or two higher, elsewhere it would have been much colder. It's at times like this that I am glad I don't live in the North. In spite of the severe frost, there was a great deal of bird activity this morning. I am putting uneaten cat food out together with the normal bird food. I have one particular female blackbird who is very grateful for this extra nourishment. Norman, our delinquent Oriental cat sees the this bird as fair game but she is far too canny for him and lets him get within a few feet before she hops up to a low branch and out of his reach. Norman has to be watched though as he is getting more and more interested in birdlife for all the wrong reasons. His stint of 'birdwtaching' now over, he is in his basket next to me as I am typing this blog.
Be patient, Dear reader, I am still in a steep learning curve with this blog lark and will improve as I become more experienced!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love! (Just don't tell Stilton ;oD) Norman is gorgeous! Every good blog needs a cat of distinction. I do hope we will see more of him.

    Good luck with your new blog, I shall look forward to reading more from Fraversham Man.

    RO :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you've already twigged that cats are almost obligatory on blogs. You're learning fast!

    In our house the cats used to eat unwanted bird food - depraved things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to agree on the cat, awesome & beautiful! Here, the crows stop by to eat what the cat left on her plate.

    ReplyDelete